Amla Pickle/Usirikaya pachadi
Prep-Time: 10 min
Makin-Time: 30 min
- 1 Kg Amla/Usirikayalu
- 260 Grams of Salt
- 250 Grams of Red chilli powder
- 240 Grams of Tamarind
- 2 tsp of Methi/Fenugreek Powder
- 250 Grams of Oil
- 3 Garlic
- Roast fenugreek/methi seeds and grind well make smooth powder, keep a side.
- Separate garlic cloves and remove skin keep aside.
- Soak tamarind for 20 min. then squeeze tamarind make pulp.
- Heat pan on medium heat, add tamarind pulp and boil untill tamarind became thick paste then remove from stove, let it cool.
- Clean amla and wipe with clean cloth.
- Heat 250 grams of oil in a fry pan on medium-high heat then add amla fry until amla get squeeze or golden color then remove from oil and keep in a bowl. Let fried amla cool.
- Add tamarind paste, salt, red chilli powder, fenugreek powder and garlic cloves, mix very well.
- Heat oil (can use same oil that we fried amla) in a pan medium heat then add cumin seeds, mustard seeds let them splutter then add 10 red chillis fry for 2 min. then add amla pickle and mix well and remove from stove and cool it.
- Then keep in a jar close with lid keep in a dry place.
Wait for 2-3 weeks then eat. This amla pickle stay for 6 months. Thanks for watching!